Sunday, 4 June 2017

Lappa Junction

Lappa Junction Junction post office, 45 km east south east of Chillagoe, opened in 1900

The registered handstamp reads Lappa Lappa. It was the name of the receiving office in the district, named after the Lappa Lappa mines. When Lappa Junction became a post office the registered handstamp was mistakenly produced using this name
  • Registered handstamp on a Sideface - large type rated 3R. 

Lappa Junction Registered Handstamp on a Sideface rated 3R. Seen at Phoenix Auction no 8. Ex Smithies

No comments:

Post a Comment